History of the roxy
Originally built as a feed store, our building has been around since the 1850s. The feed and livery stable served Lockport for many years.
In 1936, the space was renovated and turned into a movie theater. Accommodating 400 guests, The Roxy Theater was able to serve many people in Lockport and surrounding towns.
In the 1970s, after sitting vacant for a few years, The Roxy Theater was renovated again–this time, into a nightclub.
In 1995, The Roxy Theater was purchased by Trinity Services to be used as a space for day programs and gatherings for people with developmental disabilities and mental illness.
In 2017, Trinity once again renovated The Roxy into the gorgeous venue it is now – ROXY Lockport – opening its doors to the public in 2018.